Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Diviners

Last night was book club night and it was time for the book I recommended to be discussed.

I had recommended The Diviners by Libba Bray

I enjoyed the story but my other book club members weren't so impressed with it. They either didn't like the Demon, the occult aspects or the roaring 20's. Some thought it was too long and others thought the main character seemed too grown up for a 17 year-old or too versed in slang to be a girl who just moved to the Big Apple from Ohio.

I loved little Evil, as Theta called her and Jerico and Sam...well, I guess I loved a lot of the characters and that's what makes a story good...right...or is that write ;D


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read other things by her and loved them-you need to read "Beauty Queens!"