READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR - Deuteronomy 27

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Learn lessons about Kindness

Generosity and Divorce are themes as we Read the Bible this year

READING THE BIBLE IN 1 YEAR: Deuteronomy 22

Reading the Bible in 1 Year: History of the Children of Israel

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Homemade Peach Pie

It doesn't have to be beautiful to taste yummy and it will leave mouthwatering memories your kids and family will remember long after the pie is gone.

Here's how I made my pie:

Ingredients:

DOUGH:

2 1/4 cups flour
2 sticks of butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

(1/4 cup extra flour for rolling out your dough).

Mix the ingredients together well and separate into two balls of dough. Then roll out two sheets on floured cutting boards (place cutting boards and dough in refrigerator to chill for 1/2 hour)

Peaches must be skinned and cut into chunks. I also rinse mine.




FILLING:

10 large ripe peaches
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
1 egg

Blend everything but the peaches together and then add the peaches.





 INSTRUCTIONS:

Use one sheet of dough to layer the bottom portion of your pie pan (bake at 450 for 10 minutes) then pull out of the oven and pour filling into pan. Let cool (but do not put in refrigerator-as pan could break from sudden change in temperatures), cut strips of dough and layer one way then the other across your pie pan. Use one extra strip of dough to edge the pie and bake at 350 for approximately 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If edges get too dark, cover with tin foil.


If you're careful, you can get even strips, I just cut away and don't worry about it.

I like to add an edge of dough around the circumference to give it a more finished look.

I pinch the edges to make it look finished.
Then I pop it in the oven.

My edges tend to get overly brown, so I cover them in foil.
And when I pop it out, it's ready to eat.
Sweet!




1 comment:

David Batista said...

I somehow missed this post -- darn!

I love this recipe, Kim. And that pie looks YUMMY, and that's all I care about. I bet it tastes yummy, too. :)

I might just try this at some point. You make it seem easy!