Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

TUESDAY TORMENTS

I can't believe it. My three-day weekend has come and gone...so quickly I don't know what happened. I had so many plans, intentions and goals. But they slipped away like sand through my hands, at the beach (which is one place I wanted to visit this weekend...but didn't make it).

We spent the evenings in the park watching performances of Shakespeare plays. These talented troupes performed As You Like It and Star Wars. Yes, you heard me right. Star Wars.




And C3P0 and R2D2 were wonderful. If you are curious about any other characters in the Star Wars episodes, you might want to check out Wookieepedia ;D

Of course this was a spoof of the iconic Sci-Fi production but when you take Star Wars and add Shakespearean Iambic pentameter, it really becomes a blast. And, these actors did a tremendous job. But what was especially wonderful is that they did it more for the love of the art of acting than for the pay, although there were little green buckets placed strategically around the perimeter of the performance, for any audience members who just so happened to want to drop a $5, $10 or $20 into the pot. And it was such a wonderful time that I'm sure more than a few did just that....at least I hope so.

We started out early in the day by laying out a blanket and bringing a little food and a few drinks to help us make it through the late night hours of watching the play.

And it was more than a little crowded by the time the play began.

So we saw two plays and another spoof on Downton Abbey at a comedy club.

So, I guess that explains how my nights were whittled away. But W.O.W. how time flies. . .

How 'bout you? Did you have a wonderful holiday weekend?



2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Still, even if you didn't get everything you wanted done, looks like you had a killer three days.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...