Reading the Bible in 1 Year

The Nation of Israel - Reading the Bible in 1 Year

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Danish Glögg

Every year in the weeks leading up to Christmas, I have to make an old traditional drink:

Danish Glӧgg and here's how I make it:

Ingredients:

1 Jug of red wine (Sangria is what I use)
1-2 apples sliced
1-2 oranges sliced
4 cinnamon sticks
1 can of frozen orange juice
1 can of frozen apple juice

Optional:

(1/8 cup) Cardamom seeds
(2 slices of fresh) ginger
1 cup of raisins (soaked in rum)
cloves (1/8 cup)





(Tie spices and fruit up in cheesecloth)

Here's how I make mine:

First I pour the wine in pot and seep the spices on low heat for a couple of hours.

The entire house will benefit from the warm spicy scent and then I pull out the spice bag and serve the "spiced wine" or Danish Glӧgg in ceramic mugs with a fresh cinnamon stick for stirring.

Cheers!

(And when you're finished with the "spice bag" you can empty the contents in a bowl and have the ingredients serve as a holiday potpourri.)


3 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't like the taste of alcohol, but the other ingredients here look yummy.

Kelly Polark said...

That sounds really flavorful!

obiherbal said...

thanks to shar information in the website,after reading i' very like'it
pengobatan untuk sembuhkan jantung aritmia